General Terms and Conditions for City Power Website
Proprietor: City Power (Pty) Ltd
The products and services (collectively, the "Products and Services") offered by or through CITY POWER WEB are made available subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By using the CITY POWER WEB, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions and any further Terms & Conditions that City Power may prescribe from time to time. City Power reserves the right to make changes to this site and these disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, and should you have any legal questions please directed them to:
The Legal Officer
CITY POWER (PTY) LTD
Intellectual Property Notice
- All content included on this web site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, databases and software, is the property of City Power or its content suppliers and protected by South African and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this web site is the exclusive property of City Power and protected by South Africa and international copyright laws
- Without derogating from the above, City Power authorizes you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this web site, or parts thereof, provided that:
- Such content is used for information purposes only;
- Such content is used for non-commercial purposes. You are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of the material from this web site in any other work, publication or web site of your own or belonging to another.
- Any reproduction of material from this web site or portion thereof must include this notice in its entirety.
- “City Power” and the firefly logo are registered trade marks of City Power.
- The information, content, services, products and materials published on this web site, including without limitation, text, graphics and links are provided on an "as is" basis. City Power makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this web site or the accuracy, correctness or completeness of the information, contents, materials, or products included on this site. Without limiting the generality of the a foregoing:
- City Power does not warrant that this web site, will be error free, or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality; and
- Whilst City Power has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this web site and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this web site are free of viruses, Trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other date or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
Limitation Of Liability
- In no event shall City Power and its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this web site. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages resulting from the inability to use this web site, the operational failure of this web site, or for any information, data, products, and services obtained through this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site, whether based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, even if City Power and/or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- City Power is dedicated to maintain the privacy of its online visitors and users. On this site, City Power does not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
- Any information collected is used solely by City Power and its business partners who are involved in the operation of this site for internal purposes. City Power’s client lists are never sold to third parties, and we will not share personally identifiable information with third parties unless the person who has submitted the information has authorized us to do so, or if we are required to by law.
- City Power subscribes to the 9 Data Protection principles contained in Section 51 of the ECT Act, more particularly:
- City Power will always obtain your express permission collecting, collating, processing or disclosing any of your personal information unless City Power is permitted or required to do so by law.
- City Power will not electronically request, collect, collate, process or store your personal information which is not necessary for the lawful purpose for which the personal information is required.
- City Power disclose in writing to you the specific purpose for which any personal information is being requested, collected, collated, processed or stored.
- City Power will not use your personal information for any other purpose than the disclosed purpose without your express written permission, unless City Power is permitted or required to do so by law.
- City Power will, for as long as the personal information is used and for a period of at least 1 (ONE) year thereafter, keep a record of your personal information and the specific purpose for which your personal information was collected.
- City Power will not disclose any of your personal information held by City Power to a third party, unless required or permitted by law or specifically authorized to do so in writing by yourself.
- City Power will, for as long as your personal information is used and for a period of at least 1 (ONE) year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom your personal information was disclosed and of the date on which and the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- City Power will delete or destroy all personal information, which has become obsolete.
- City Power may use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may freely trade with such profiles and statistical data, as long as the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to you or any specific data subject by a third party.
Violation And Waiver
- Should you violate these Terms and Conditions or any other rights of the Proprietor, we reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you. If we should fail to enforce any right or provision in these Terms and Conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or of any other rights or provisions in these Terms and Conditions.
- If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the parties' intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.