City Power Johannesburg (SOC) Limited as a progressive company committed to the skills development initiatives of the country and striving to be a world class electricity distributor, invites needy but suitable candidates with excellent academic performance to apply for bursaries for further education and training at South African universities and universities of technology in the following fields of study relevant to the distribution of electricity as in the case of City Power’s mandate. The preferred main fields of study are electrical engineering, accountancy, safety and health and audit compliance.
- You must currently be studying Grade 12 or you must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science –Level 6 or
- You must be an undergraduate university student in the above field of study with a minimum average total percentage mark of 70%.
- You must be a South African citizen from poor backgrounds (women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply)
The City Power Bursary will cover Tuition Fees, Accommodation, Meals, and Study Materials. The following documents must accompany your application form:
- An application form which is obtainable from the contact details below;
- Certified copy of academic transcript (only if you are currently an undergraduate university student);
- Certified copy of latest Grade 12 academic report if currently in Grade 12;
- Certified copy of Matric certificate if you have completed Grade 12;
- Certified copy of South African Identity Document;
- Proof of family income;
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary study institution.
HOW TO APPLY AND ENQUIRIES:
Applications should be directed to: The Learning Academy Administrator: External Bursaries, City Power Johannesburg (SOC) Limited, P.O. Box 38766, Booysens, 2016.
Telephone enquiries could be directed to Zamaswazi Shabalala (011) 490-7102
Application forms are also available from the Reception Areas at Head Office (40 Heronmere Road, Reuven, Booysens) and regional offices / depots in Alexandra; Roodepoort; Lenasia; Bryanston; Midrand; Randburg; Hursthill; Klipspruit. Faxed applications will not be considered