TENDERS AND SUPPLIER NOTICES
GUIDE TO COMPLETING THE EME/QSE B-BBEE SWORN AFFIDAVIT
The following pointers are key in completing a sworn affidavit:
a) Name/s of deponent as they appear in the identity document and the identity number.
b) Designation of the deponent as either the director, owner or member must be indicated in order to know that person is duly authorised to depose of an affidavit
c) Name of enterprise as per enterprise registration documents issued by the CIPC, where applicable, and enterprise business address.
d) Percentage of black ownership, black female ownership and designated group. In the case of specialised enterprises as per Statement 004, the percentage of black beneficiaries must be reflected.
e) Indicate total revenue for the year under review and whether it is based on audited financial statements or management account.
Download the entire notice below:
Guide to completing B-BBEE Sworn Affidavit
DOING BUSINESS WITH CITY POWER
Suppliers are not just Vendors providing services and or delivering goods. By its very nature they are our Partners that enable us to deliver on our mandate.
1. You will be registered on our system ONLY if your company is being Awarded Request For Quotation or Tender
2. To become a successful supplier to City Power you need to do the following:
- Be registered onthe Central Supplier Database
- These are some of the documents we will need to register suppliers:
- Company Registration or CK documents
- Original Tax Clearance Certificate or Pin
- Workman’s Compensation
- Relevant Statutory Body Registration
- Original Cancelled Cheque or Letter from the Bank
- Electricity, Water and Rates Statement (latest) or Copy of Lease Agreement
- ID Copies of all Directors or Members
- Company Profile
- B-BBEE Certificate from a SANAS Accredited Verification Agency or Sworn Affidavit
3. BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES - REQUEST FOR QUOTATION PROCESS
- Visit www.citypower.co.za
- Go to the Tender Bulletin then Available Bids
- RFQ’s are downloaded directly form the website and submitted to the RFQ box before closing date and time
4. TENDER PROCESS
- Tender adverts available from the City Power website
- Visit www.etenders.gov.za
- search under COJ –City PowerTenders are downloaded directly from the e-tender website and submitted to the Tender box before the closing date and time
5. FRAUD AWARENESS
- Be warned of fraudulent Requests for Quotations (RFQs)
- We will not send you RFQs directly
- All RFQs are advertised on the City Power website
- Verify with us should you suspect fraudulent RFQ
- Check format of our contact number/email on our website (www.citypower.co.za)
6. CONTACT DETAILS
- City Power Tender Advise Centre, 40 Heronmere Road,Reuven, BooysensTelephone Office (011) 490 7112
Delivery, Collection of Goods and Provision of
Services during Lockdown
the President's address on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the 15th of
March 2020, and the subsequent lockdown announcement on the 23rd March
2020, we would love to assure that City Power fully observes all
protocols and instructions communicated and gazetted by the President.
an essential service provider during this crisis, City Power
will remain operational during the lockdown - and we need you to help us
do the following:
- Special Permit Access
- Safeguarding your employees' health
- Keeping our employees' safe
Kindly download the entire City Power Letter to Suppliers below:
City Power Letter to Suppliers
DELIVERY OF GOODS
Please note the following arrangements with regards to receiving of inventory with immediate effect:
- Deliveries shall be accepted between 7am to 5pm from Monday to Friday.
the event that delivery of the goods can only be effected outside of
the above stipulated times, arrangements shall be made with the
Warehouse Manager prior to delivery taking place.
e-Tender Portal Notification
Please note that we are now advertising our tenders on the e-tender publication portal. To access the tenders, you can go to
City Power tenders are under COJ-City Power. Tender documents can be
viewed online and printed when deciding to tender and submit.
CORRUPTION AWARENESS FOR SUPPLIERS
Dear Supplier and general public
Power would like to warn the general public especially its suppliers
not to be duped by a syndicate that pretends to be City Power employees
looking for quotations to buy products and services from our suppliers.
To read the entire communication,
please use the link below to download the warning communication.
City Power Suppliers and General Public Communication
NB: Please note the clues to look for:
Account Confirmation Letter
WHEN UPLOADING YOUR INVOICES VIA THE PORTAL
Important Information to take note of:
Invoice date to be captured on the portal is the
Physical Invoice date on the suppliers invoice and not the upload date.
- All invoices
dated 1 April 2018 and thereafter must reflect vat at
15%, else Finance will have no choice but to reject the invoices which will affect the processing and payment of invoices.
- Use the link below to upload invoices to City Power for payment purposes
Please be advised that the
only certificates that have been declared as
valid by the BBBEE commission are the following: Please click the link
below to read the entire document notice/
City Power invites
interested parties to view the public adjudications of contracts and
tenders in an effort to promote openness and transparency. The public
shall have the right to attend meetings as observers only, of both Level
1 and Level 2 Bid Adjudication Committees at which bids in excess of
R200 000 are to be adjudicated. Note that all bids in excess of R10
million can only be awarded by the Accounting Officer. The Level 1 Bid
Adjudication Committee can only make a recommendation to the Accounting
Please click below to download (only if there is a scheduled Public Adjudication); otherwise please keep checking our website for future public adjudication sessions.